So this is pretty interesting, and as a daily task of mine I try not to compare myself to other people my age BUT, this was a good read.
I'm 27 years old and often I feel like I'm behind, or not doing enough, or other people are doing better than me when in reality it's not about that. It's about YOU, YOURSELF, how to battle YOUR OWN MIND and remind yourself you are doing just fine.
Perspective. It's so powerful, so here's some perspective you may not have known you needed today;
Thought Catalog compiled this list of things you deserve to learn by age 24. Here are the top 10:
- If you’re failing, but always learning, you’re still winning.
- Grateful people truly have it all.
- If it doesn’t nourish your soul, you shouldn’t waste your time on it.
- Anything in excess is poison.
- Labeling your experiences as good or bad or right or wrong only creates disappointment and expectations.
- Everything that goes away could mean that the message has been relayed.
- Every trigger is a chance for us to assess ourselves.
- Sometimes growth is firmly saying no to stuff an old version of you would have tolerated.
- Maybe every experience we encounter is trying to tell us something.
- You don’t need to invite the past back in every time you miss it.