A family was shocked to discover a restaurant served their young daughter alcohol by mistake when asking for apple juice.
Alexis Smith took her 18-month-old daughter, Aaliyah, to lunch at a restaurant with her husband. They ordered their daughter apple juice for while they ate their meal.
After eating, just before they got up to leave, Aaliyah’s dad took a sip of the juice out of the kid’s cup and his chest started burning, dad said. Alexis tasted the juice as well, and suspected it was alcohol, so they mentioned it to the manager on duty.
The manager looked into the situation and notified the family that the container had been mislabeled and the child was served alcohol accidentally.
"I started crying at the restaurant," Smith told the local news station. "As a mom, it was very emotional. Alcohol is something serious."
Smith said the owner of the restaurant was very upset and the manager insisted on paying for their meal.
“As a mom, it was very emotional. Alcohol is something serious" https://t.co/6CBgw1yDIG— New York Post (@nypost) June 16, 2017