Okay, as much as I don't want to admit that hot girl summer is actually coming to a close, the reality of it is... it is. SO that being said why not get excited about Halloween on Netflix right?
Mental Floss put together this list of the 11 best horror movies streaming on Netflix right now that you can get it on to.. or be a normal human and watch them with your family:
- Scream(1996).Screenwriter Kevin Williamson and director Wes Craven ushered in the era of the meta horror film with this slasher entry about the "Ghostface Killer" targeting a group of self-aware teens who try to survive using what they know about horror movie tropes.
- The Witch(2015).This tale of a 1630s outcast Puritan family troubled by paranormal activity tends to be divisive.
- The Sixth Sense(1999).Bruce Willis portrays a child psychologist treating a boy (Haley Joel Osment) who claims to see ghosts. The third-act twist will only help you better appreciate Shyamalan's sleight-of-hand.
- Green Room(2015).When a punk band plays a gig in the middle of nowhere, they're dismayed to discover that all roads lead to a murdering, marauding group of neo-Nazis led by Patrick Stewart.
- Train to Busan(2016).A workaholic father and his daughter board a train bound for one of the few territories in South Korea not occupied by zombies.
- Carrie(1976).Stephen King's debut novel gets a terrifying adaptation from Brian De Palma that stars Sissy Spacek as Carrie White, an ostracized teenager is having trouble fitting in at school.
- The Autopsy of Jane Doe(2016).A small-town coroner and his son perform what they believe is a routine autopsy on an unidentified female body. Once the exam begins, the corpse begins to reveal an increasingly disturbing series of secrets.
- The Conjuring(2013).While the real-life exploits of paranormal ghost hunters the Warrens (played here by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) may be in question, this retelling of one of their famous cases is a roller coaster ride.
- Emelie(2016).A couple celebrates their wedding anniversary by inviting a babysitter named Anna to look after their three kids while they go out to dinner. Unfortunately, Anna isn't really Anna, and her motivations go far beyond picking up a few dollars.
- Gerald’s Game(2017).A romantic weekend retreat with her husband turns into a claustrophobic struggle for survival for a woman (Carla Gugino), after he drops dead and she's left handcuffed to their bed.
- The Invitation(2015).This thriller follows a man who is invited to his ex’s dinner party, which takes a turn for the weird.