Louis CK responded to allegations from five women that he masturbated in front of them, writing: "These stories are true."
The comedian released a statement on Friday—a day after the New York Times published a story about the allegations.
Louis CK says he told himself "that what I did was OK because I never showed a woman my di** without asking first," but he's since learned that "when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your di** isn't a question."
He says he had power over his accusers "and I wielded that power irresponsibly." And he admits that while he's "tried to learn" from his actions, he's also "run from them."
Meantime, HBO announced that it is parting ways with the comedian, who will no longer appear in its Nov. 18 'Night of Too Many Stars autism' special. "
In addition, HBO is removing Louis CK's past projects from its On Demand services".
That was just the beginning: After the New York premiere of CK's new movie, "I Love You Daddy", was abruptly canceled ahead of the New York Times report, production company The Orchard announced Friday that it is canceling the film's release altogether.
Netflix has dropped plans for a second comedy special with the comedian. A spokesperson said, "Louis’s unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand-up special, as had been planned."
FX Networks, which has produced multiple CK series including the award-winning Louie, initially said it was "very troubled" by the allegations and that the matter was "under review." After CK's acknowledgment of his actions Friday, the network canceled all outstanding deals with him.
CK has also been dropped by his management company and publicists.
Source: Hollywood Reporter, LA Times