Justin Bieber has applied for dual citizenship. He'll retain his Canadian citizenship, but he will become an American citizen as well. He spends a lot of time in the U.S. anyway, and now that he’s married to Hailey Baldwin, he will be in the states a ton more!
Justin was born in Ontario, Canada but moved to Atlanta when he was 13.
In order to do it, there are five steps:
- Proof he has a right to be in the country. (He has a green card.)
- File USCIS Form N-400, a formal request to start the naturalization process.
- Background check by the FBI and fingerprinting.
- Citizenship interview. During the interview, Justin will have to answer questions about U.S. history and government and also prove he knows English.
- Appear at an oath ceremony and pledge allegiance to the U.S.
Source: Daily Mail, TMZ